The Rock's Coconut Banana Pancakes with Skinny & Co
If you can't work out like The Rock, you can at least eat like him! The Rock worked with Chef Puttie to create these crispy, delicious, sweet coconut banana pancakes! We tried the recipe and used our Skinny & Co Coconut Oil to level up this batch of cakes even further. The result was a resounding success!
DJs Infamous Coconut Banana Pancakes Recipe
3 tsp Baking Powder
3 tbsp Cane Sugar
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
10 tbsp Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
2 Bananas, medium-sized, small dice
1 c Coconut Water
1 c Coconut Milk
3/4 c Whole Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp Skinny & Co Coconut Oil, melted
2 tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted (+ more to butter griddle)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray, for griddle
STEP 1: Mise en place & Mix
- Add sugar, salt and shredded coconut. Mix lightly with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk eggs, coconut water, coconut milk, whole milk, vanilla extract, coconut oil and butter.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture and pour in milk mixture.
- Mix lightly to combine, leaving batter clumpy.
- Add bananas to batter, briefly stir to distribute evenly.
- DO NOT over-mix, a few lumps are ok.
STEP 2: Get to Cooking!
⁃ Heat lightly oiled griddle to 275 degrees or frying pan on medium, using a combination of spray and butter.
⁃ Ladle or pour batter onto griddle, using 1 cup sized ladle or measuring cup for large cakes, 1/4 cup for small.
⁃ Cook until top of pancakes have bubbles and a few bursts, 2 - 3 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula.
⁃ Cook until brown and crisp, about 2 - 3 minutes, adding more spray and butter if needed.
STEP 3: Let’s Eat!
⁃ Transfer to plate or platter and serve.
Yield: 6 large Coconut Banana Pancakes
Tastes best with 100% pure maple syrup.